Thursday, October 21, 2010

usefulness of major course assignments

The two projects we have done thus far have been very helpful and eye opening. Before doing the first project I never really paid full attention to the things I was reading. If I felt the information was coming from a credible source I believed it. After dissecting the political argument I realize how persuasion influences an argument and can make it misleading. I learned that when a person is trying to convince you to take their side they will say whatever they need to convince you. They bring up a lot of points that seem valid but they don’t provide and support to their claims. On the PETA website while researching for the second group project I realized the importance of strong reasoning. Many people were asking questions doubting the validity of the organization and what it stood for. In order to keep support the organization has to be able to use strong and valid claims that persuade people to keep donating and even convince doubters to jump on board.

No comments:

Post a Comment