Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My likes and dislikes

I have never taken an online class before so I was kind of excited to not have to go to class and just complete the work on my own. I really like working on the group projects. Although sometimes it was stressful it really helped me improve my communication skills and learn to work with people even if you cannot always meet in person. One thing I didn’t like about the class was having to post blogs 12 hours apart. I completely understand the point of having time restrictions and it definitely helped me from slacking off and waiting till 9 pm on Saturday night to finish them all. However sometimes I would get really busy and do all my blogs on one day earlier in the week but then forget to post them later so I would have to wake up at odd times in the night to make sure I could get them all in twelve hours apart.

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    The most liked advantage that I have for our Critical Decision Making class is not having to go to class, and get to do the work by ourselves and also in our own time. The group projects were also somehow easier because you don’t have to do the whole essay, and you also get to know more people in your group and learn how to communicate online as well. I also completely understand about your feelings toward the twelve hour time restriction, I think it would have been so much easier to just do the work and get it over with in just a fewer amount of days. Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you when you said that you were excited for an online class because of the flexible work. When taking a lot of units, I actually prefer to have 3 units at least to be an online class because the pace is not as hectic as an online class would be. Plus, I think online classes are good because it encourages students to learn on their own rather than going to lectures and having teachers feed you information. I am not really saying that lectures are bad, it is more of me liking independence and more freedom. I do not know if you agree with me though. Other than that, I know what you mean by the 12 hour gap. It did help us not procrastinate but yes, it did 'cause a little bit of stress. Anyways, I hope you do well on the final!

    ReplyDelete